- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
In soup pot, saute onion in 1 Tbsp olive oil over med. until soft. Add garlic & saute 1 minute.
- 1/2 cup each kale, carrots, red or green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp each salt, dried basil, dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Add and saute a little, then turn heat down to low, cover pan & let cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 cups bean cooking liquid or vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cup cooked beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tsp dried instant barley
- 2 tsp whole wheat elbow noodles
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red cooking wine (optional)
Add and bring to a gentle boil and simmer about 15 minutes.
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parlsey
Add tomatoes & parsley, simmer another few minutes.