You can call this a salsa and eat it on chips, or call it a salad and eat it with a fork. 🙂 I made a rather large batch; feel free to scale it down.
- 3 cans black beans, or about 5 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 c. chopped sweet peppers, any color (about 2 medium bell peppers)
- 1 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion (about 1/3 c.)
- 1/3 c. chopped cilantro
- 3/4 t. salt (to taste)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh lemon or lime juice to taste (I used two limes)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- a dash of hot sauce (we like Cholula brand)
- a dash of cayenne pepper (or use fresh chopped hot peppers in place of cayenne and hot sauce)
a dash of garlic powder (or use fresh garlic)
Mix all ingredients together, adjusting quantities to taste. Couldn’t be simpler!