- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil (or 1/4 cup yogurt)
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 and ½ cups flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extract
- 3 cups grated and squeezed zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease (preferably with butter) and flour 2 loaf pans (8 ½ x4 ½ inches) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add in olive oil and yogurt and mix well.
- Add in cocoa and mix with a spatula.
- Mix flour, salt, vanilla powder and baking powder in a bowl and sift into the egg wet mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in grated zucchini.
- Fold in a little more flour to absorb any excess liquid
- Evenly distrubite batter between both pans
- Let it cool completely before slicing and serving.
When I made this originally I did not follow the recipe exactly. I recall replacing oil with about 1/4 cup additional homemade yogurt. Greek yogurt should work fine. Also I dusted lightly with chipotle powder. Enough to broaden the flavor without making it spicy.
The bread will be relatively dense.
This recipe is originally from http://www.giverecipe.com/chocolate-yogurt-zucchini-bread.html