I like to leave the skins on the potatoes for this easy and refreshing potato salad. Use whatever herbs you prefer or have on hand; I’ve sometimes used mint and lemon balm in addition to or instead of the ones listed below. This salad is perfect for a summer picnic.
- 6 cups potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. mini onions (tops and bulbs), minced
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- chopped fresh herbs to taste (a few sprigs of each): rosemary, oregano, thyme, parsley
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Place cubed potatoes in a saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil and boil until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain.
Combine the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir thoroughly. Taste for salt and add more if necessary. Chill before serving, if desired.