- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 lemons
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 lb dried fusilli pasta
- 1/2 lb baby arugula
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat olive oil in med. saucepan over med. heat, add the garlic & cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cream, zest from 2 lemons, juice from 2 lemons, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat & simmer for 15-20 minutes, until is starts to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli in florets & discard the stem. Cook the florets in a pot of boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain the broccoli and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp salt & the pasta, cook 12 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain the pasta in a colander and place it back in the pot.
- Immediately add the cream mixture & cook it over med-low heat for 3 minutes, until most of the sauce has been absorbed in the pasta.
- Pour the hot pasta in a large bowl, add the arugula, Parmesan cheese, tomatoes & cooked broccoli.
- Cut the last lemon in 1/2 lengthwise, slice it 1/4 inches thick crosswise, and add it to the pasta. Toss well, season to taste & serve hot.
I just came across this recipe from a friend & we have yet to try it but the picture was beautiful & it sounds delicious! Just a bit involved, so make sure you have enough time to prepare.