- 2 cups cubed zucchini
- 2 cups cubed bell peppers
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 10 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozarella cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 1/2 cups prepared tomato/spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound cooked lasagna noodles
- Combine zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, salt & wine in a sauce pan & bring to a boil, then simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Stir in basil and chopped spinach during last few minutes of simmer, then set aside. Before using, drain any excess wine so lasagna will not be too wet.
- Combine cheeses & set aside.
- Spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce on bottom of 9×13 pan. Layer the noodles, vegetables, and cheese mixtures. Pour the rest of the sauce on top.
- Cover with foil and bake 60-75 minutes at 350.
Note: if you don’t have wine on hand, you can simmer the vegetables in water instead.