- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- dash of cayenne red pepper
- kale or collards, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz whole wheat or spelt spaghetti
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 16 oz can northern beans
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in large pot, add cayenne pepper.
- Add greens and toss with tongs about 2 minutes. Add broth, tomato, and cover pan. Increase to high heat & simmer until greens are tender. Stir in beans.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta just shy of al dente. Drain & return to pot. Add to greens mix and toss to combine. Cook until pasta absorbs most of the liquid. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Salt to taste.
This recipe came from a friend & it’s become a favorite of ours! You can use fresh tomatoes or soaked & cooked beans for the canned options; but if you’re in a hurry, the cans help make this a quick meal to prepare!