Roasted Tomato Salsa
- A few large tomatoes, or several small tomatoes, cut into wedges or chunks
one small onion, quartered
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 small or 1 large sweet pepper
- 1 hot pepper, seeded
- a handful cilantro, chopped
- lemon or lime juice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450. Place the tomatoes, onion, and peppers on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat
- Place the garlic on a small piece of foil and drizzle it with oil. Wrap in foil.
- Roast the vegetables and the garlic in the oven for 25 minutes until charred and tender.
- Let cool slightly. Place in food processor with remaining ingredients and pulse to achieve desired consistency.