- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil or olive oil
Combine and bring to a boil.
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
Place in large bowl and stir in boiling broth. Cover and let stand 5-8 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1 large red sweet pepper (chopped; optional)
Stir in. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets
Steam peas 1 minute. Add broccoli and steam 2 more minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- 1 cup cooked chicken
Add to couscous with broccoli and peas.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
Combine and mix into couscous mixture.
- 1/4 slivered almonds (toasted)
- 1Tbsp sesame seeds (toasted)
Mix in immediately before serving. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
We like to eat this warm, so instead of putting it in the fridge or rinsing with cold water, I just keep it over the stove until it’s finished.