- Soften the squash by placing it in the microwave for 2 minutes. Cut it open lengthwise.
- Pour 1/2 inch water in pan, place squash open side down in pan. Bake in oven at 350 for 45 minutes or until you can easily pierce squash with fork. (If you’re short on time, you can do it in the microwave. Put squash in pan with water & cover loosely with plastic wrap until tender: maybe 11 or 12 minutes.)
- Remove from oven; use fork to pull strands of squash.
- While squash is cooking, open a jar of spaghetti sauce (maybe homemade-see my recipe for canning spaghetti sauce) and heat it in a pan. I usually add something to it: spinach, basil, peppers….be creative.
- Serve sauce over warm squash. Top with a little Parmesan or mozzarella cheese.
An easy meal that requires few ingredients!