- 2 onions (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bay leaf
Sauté in 3 Tbsp olive oil about 5 minutes.
- 1 medium eggplant (chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh basil (chopped, or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped, or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh marjoram (chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried)
Add, cover & cook over med heat, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is soft, about 15 minutes.
- 2 summer squash (chopped)
- 1 green, orange, or red sweet pepper (cut in strips)
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
Add and simmer until peppers & squash are tender, about 10 minutes. Serve over pasta or polenta sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley, black olives, or freshly grated parmesan cheese. Also good alone as a side dish.