- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 (15 1/2 oz) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 1/2 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/2 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can tomatoes with chilis
- 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans diced green chilis
- 1 (1 1/4 oz) pkg taco seasoning mix
Brown ground beef & onions; drain any grease. Add beans, corn, tomatoes, green chilis & taco seasoning.
- In a slow cooker: 6-8 hrs on low
- On stove: 1 hour on low
This is an easy recipe to throw together. If I’m planning ahead, I soak & cook dry beans ahead of time instead of using all the cans. You can use fresh tomatoes and chilis instead of canned for more taste (everything is better when it’s fresh!). Also, this soup is a bit spicy for my palate so sometimes I hold back a bit on the amount of chilis (much to Jeff’s disappointment).