Quantities are totally up to you. Taste as you go, and you will have success! Using three or four garlic scapes yields a comfortably strong garlic taste (in my opinion) on the day you make it, and it gets more garlicky over time. If you’re not sure you like a strong garlic taste, use one or two.
- 3-4 Garlic Scapes (or a couple cloves of garlic), roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (to taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste, start with 1/2 t. salt and a several grinds of pepper
- 2 cups cooked white beans (great northern or cannellini)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to achieve desired consistency)
In your food processor, combine chopped garlic scapes, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Process until scapes are finely chopped. Add beans and process to combine. Add a few tablespoons of water if it seems dry, and then add enough olive oil to achieve a dip-like consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more lemon juice, salt, or pepper to taste. Serve with crackers or veggies for dipping.